Our country venue is surrounded by trees, making it a perfect backdrop for weddings and special events to share your special day with friends and family in the beautiful outdoors! We offer the barn, a beautiful park like pasture or the indoor arena for special events, reception and/or ceremony. Any or all three of these spaces come with the wedding or special event package. Check out the additional services to add on to your package below. We are open for showings by appointment only. Call the office at 503-320-7174 for more details and questions.
Rice's Horses is an "as is venue” with a staff of on site during your entire event directing traffic, and checking periodically with the responsible parties to ensure everything is running smoothly. We will also be checking the restrooms, and the overall premises. We will be available for questions, respond to your needs or any issues that may arise at any time during your event. Here is some information about the venue:
- We supply a room for Bride + their Bridal party and a room for Groom + Groomsmen to get ready.
- The event/game room (has a heat pump) by the barn with tables, chairs, a couch, and games is FREE for adults and kids to play games (corn-hole, horse shoes, ladder toss game, air-hockey, foosball, bumper pool, magnet darts, animal barn, coloring books, horse bingo, ping-pong, etc.) and relax before, during, and after the scheduled wedding/special event time.
- Rice's Horses has 1 bathroom for all guests. We require all events beyond 25 guests to bring in restrooms for their event or you can pay a fee to use 1 or 2 of Rice's Horses porta potties.
- Complimentary on-site graveled parking lot for up to 40 cars which includes the wedding party, guests and food trucks etc.
- NO alcohol, NO smoking of any kind (including vapes), NO drugs of any kind (including recreational marijuana) and NO pets allowed on Rice’s Horses property.
- Rice's Horses has room for catering or food trucks. No sink, fridge/ freezer available. Please bring your own coolers to keep drinks and/or food cold.
- Off Season Dates December 2023 - March 2024 offered at 15% discount.
Accomadations and Things to do nearby
There are 2 cozy and relaxing tiny home rentals on Rice's Horses property for the bride and groom, friends and/or family to reconnect and unwind. Enjoy some activities near Rice's Horses like Stub Stewart State Park for mountain biking, hiking, frisbee golf, picnic, etc., a day trip to Cannon Beach, the town of Vernonia for golfing, shopping, walk around the lake etc., and bike riding on the famous Banks-Vernonia State Trail. Check out the tiny home rentals on Rice's Horses property at https://www.tinyaccommodationsllc.com/.
CEREMONY AND/OR RECEPTION
Call the office at 503-320-7174 for prices and information for your ceremony and/or reception up to 50 people.
Additional services to add on to your package:
1. Decorated covered cart pulled by our miniature horse for flower girl and/or ring bearer to ride in for only $175.
2. Add a horse with your wedding or special event pictures for only $85/horse.